Friday, September 24, 2010

Dogs and Grief

A full page spot for Modern Dog Magazine.
The AD wanted an image accompanying an article about grieving dogs, with a sad looking dog mourning the loss of a K9 friend.
I've never really drawn a dog before, so it was an interesting challenge combining different breeds to come up with the saddest, most pathetic looking creature possible. I ended combining the features of a Great Dane, Newfoundland Terrier and a Pug.



I really tried to challenge myself with a limited color palette this time, and I quite like the results. I used about five colors excluding black and white.

2 comments:

Galliott Studios said...

woo! glad to see they got back to you (this is the email you got when I last saw you right?) Looking good! love all the new creations!!

Galliott Studios said...

woo! glad to see they got back to you (this is the email you got when I last saw you right?) Looking good! love all the new creations!!